"Klosters Concierge organises all the things you do not have time to do yourself from unique parties, private and corporate events on and off the mountain."
Clair Southwell, founder
Clair first came to Klosters in 1994 to manage the newly founded Ski & Snowboard School Saas for the first five years. Her work with the Ski School led to making long standing connections not only with the locals, but also with prominent clients worldwide including The Prince of Wales. For many years Clair assisted with the media and skiing arrangements when The Prince and his family came to Klosters. Her love for the village and the surrounding mountains quickly grew and she has now made Klosters her permanent home.
In 1996 Clair went to work for The Prince of Wales at St James’s Palace and also started organising prestigious charity events, in particular successful clay shooting events earning her the title ‘Charity Queen’. After a decade of Charity events in the UK Clair decided to concentrate more on a charity ski event she began from a whim in 2000 called Wild Girls on Snow and basically it was also a reason to spend more time throughout the year in her beloved Klosters. This unique ski event was an annual fixture in the Davos Klosters programme for twelve years and grew into a well established and recognised event. The Grand Finale was held in March 2011 but that is not to say the Wild Girls will not be back! The event raised considerable funds for different children’s charities both in the UK and Switzerland over the years and also for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. Clair has put all those contacts into use and with the launch of Klosters Concierge, she hopes to bring as many people together to enjoy a winter or summer holiday in this unspoilt ‘gem’ of a village that is now her home!
Clair has two sons Christopher and Nicholas who were both professional winter sport athletes in extreme freeride snowboarding and skiing. Clair is also Executive Vice President of the Marden’s Club based in Klosters, one of the oldest British ski clubs in Switzerland with a focus on racing and junior training.
Past Events Organised by Clair
- The Aston Martin Clay Shoot in aid of The Prince’s Trust (8 years)
- The Sarasin Challenge in aid of The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation (5 years)
- The Starlight Shooting Challenge at Highclere Castle (5 years)
- The Nordoff-Robbins Music Challenge (6 years)
- The Alfred Dunhill Charity Golf Challenge at Wentworth in aid of The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation (2 years)
- The Really Wild Girls Shooting Challenge in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer (3 years)
- Charity Polo Tournaments with The Prince of Wales playing in Exhibition matches sponsored by William & Son
- The Heaton-Ellis Trust Race Day at Newbury in aid of research into finding a cure for Motor Neurone Disease.
- Wild Girls on Snow Charity Ski Event in Klosters (12 years)